- Rhossili is the most fabulous beach on the tip of Gower Peninsula near Swansea in West Glamorgan, South Wales, UK.
- It stretches for a fantastic five kilometres.
- It is backed by Rhossili Down at the Worms Head end in the south; and by the Llangennith sand dunes at the Bury Holms end in the north.
- Rhossili has a sandy shore overlying pebbles and small boulders at the top of the beach; has a very wide tidal range and great waves. It is famous for its surfing.
- The shape and pattern of the beach sediments is constantly changing.
- It is subject to extreme weather and tides because there is nothing but sea between Rhossili and South America.
- Lots of things get washed up – including seashore and marine organisms and various kinds of flotsam and jetsam.
COPYRIGHT JESSICA WINDER 2011 with all rights reserved